Slider Shape


How tall can my lawn and/or weeds grow?
Your lawn and/or weeds can be a maximum height of 12 inches. (Section 12.1.3)
I just received a violation notice. What do I do?
You will be given 5 days to abate the violation. After 5 days have passed, an inspector will return to the property to insure compliance.  If the issue is not resolved within the given time-frame the city inspector may mow and clean-up the property at the expense of the owner, or the owner can be prosecuted.
Who do I call if I have a question about a violation or would like to register a complaint about a property?
Please contact the Development Services Department at (308) 630-6243 and someone will assist you.
Am I responsible for sidewalk maintenance on my property?
It is the responsibility of the property owner to maintain the sidewalk in good and proper repair. Sidewalks must be in a condition reasonably safe for travel for all travelers, and it is unlawful for an owner to allow a sidewalk to remain in a dangerous condition (Section 20-3-10)
The City shall notify a property owner if a sidewalk is found to be a hazard or in disrepair and if it is need of replacement.  The owner will be given a year to bring it into conformance (Section 20-3-11).
Am I responsible to remove snow from my sidewalk?
Yes. Snow, sleet, slush, and ice must be removed from sidewalks by noon (12:00 PM) the day following the end of any snowfall. Any unremoved snow, sleet, slush, and/or ice after this time will be declared a public nuisance (Section 20-6-20).
Can I have an inoperable vehicle on my property?
A property owner or occupant may have two (2) inoperable vehicles for restoration purposes. The vehicles need to be covered and located on the side or rear of a property (Section 12-1-3 (s)(4)).
Slider Shape